Focus Your Lens on National Camera Day
June 29th is National Camera Day. I didn’t know either, so don’t feel too bad. This is going to be such a fun Friday! Take lots of photos and say thank you to the inventors who made it possible for us to keep records of family picnics on Independence Day, and so much more!
Smile for the Camera
Whether you are a collector or like to use cameras to add a touch of vision to a vignette, Daphne Antique Galleria has everything to make your National Camera Day a flash! There are beautiful photos of gorgeous, talented people.
Connection to the Past
Photos that awe us.
Reminders of fashion, play and how far we’ve come.
Rare Finds for the Collector
8 MM Film Splicer
Kodak Disc 6000
Kodak Ektralite 10
Add a Touch of Vintage to Your Decor
Strike a pose with a fashionable camera case.
Gone are the days of waiting for pictures to be developed. We take fewer trips to the drug store for our 4 x 6 glossy print. We are our own photographers now. We take lots of selfies. Little did we know that the instant cameras of the past were antiquated before they hit the shelves.
So as you celebrate #NationalCameraDay, plan to get some shots of our patriotism next week. Here are a few tips for getting pics that make your friends shutter with envy!
- Have children wear red, white and blue sunglasses.
- Get close for pictures of hands holding sparklers.
- Hang banners, flags and ribbons on your porch. Take family photo with everyone holding a small flag or wearing a red, white and blue hat.
- Decorate a red flyer wagon and snap a shot of pets wearing patriotic bandanas.
- Photos of family members eating watermelon, ribs or corn on the cob.
- Beach photo of family wearing red and blue, with sand as your white prop.
- Kids draw flags with sidewalk chalk and sit beside them.
- Create a fun photo booth with flags, hats, sunglasses, sparklers.
Have fun and feel free to share your photos, vignettes or collections on my Facebook page.