My new friend, Hope, from Crafty Hope has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Getting this email from her was like opening a package on Christmas morning. I cannot thank you enough for nominating me, Hope.
This award helps bring awareness to new blogs with less than 3,000 followers through a chain-mail-like-Q&A. So I’m hopping on this chain gang thingamajiggy.
It works like this: Hope asks me 11 questions that I answer. Then I nominate 5 more new blogs that I love and pose 11 different questions to them. I have no idea whether they have 3,000 followers or not, but they are blogs that I love or have recently been introduced to.
Here are the rules for the bloggers I’m tagging:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog.
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3,000 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them.
- Inform them of their nomination.
Here are Hope’s questions to me:
1. What is your nickname?
One of my sisters calls me “Kimmie,” but other than that, I’ve never had one.
2. What’s the most important thing for you to accomplish everyday before you go to bed?
Finish the next days’ blog. Sometimes it is already the next day before I do finish. There have been a few nights where I work until 2-3 in the morning.
3. What are you most looking forward to this Spring?
Our family vacation will be in Italy this year. It is an item on my bucket list, so I can’t wait to see it with people I love.
4. Who/what motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
My puppy has to go on a business trip.
5. What are five of your favorite movies?
- Steel Magnolias (I quote this movie daily.)
- Fried Green Tomatoes (I am Tawanda.)
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (I’m the poor slob without a “nick” name)
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (drama, drama, drama)
- The Devil Wears Prada (That’s all.)
6. When you get a chance, what’s your favorite way to relax?
I look forward to Sunday afternoons. That is my nap day and the whole family knows it. I may only sleep for 30 minutes, but I spend the afternoon reading, watching movies or browsing the internet.
7. Where is your favorite place to eat out?
Oh my, do I have to choose just one? We are a bi-polar couple, living in Birmingham part of the time and on the coast the other part, so I’ll name two.
- Full Moon Barbeque – Birmingham. In my humble opinion, there aren’t any really great BBQ places on the coast, so every trip north I have to go by Full Moon.
- Camellia Cafe – Fairhope. This is where my sweet hubby takes me on anniversaries and special occasions. It is always a memorable experience.
8. What’s the first album you remember owning?
I called in to a radio show to answer a question that I don’t remember, and won Cat Stevens’ Greatest Hits album.
9. What inspires you?
I am inspired by our Creator, creative and unselfish people and my family.
10. What book is closest to you at this very moment?
Two journals that were a gift from my precious daughter to brainstorm my writing projects.
11. Do you collect anything? What?
Every year at the Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival, I purchase a piece of pottery. I stroll the streets, stopping at every potter’s tent and only buy the one piece that begs me to take it home. This year, I purchased a vase by Colburn to arrange the bouquets that my hubby brings me on special occasions.
Here are the five blogs that I have nominated:
- Bonnie at Living With Thanksgiving
- Courtney at French Country Cottage
- Amy at Into This Wild Called Life
- Janice at The Vivienne Files
- Javacia at See Jane Write Birmingham
And here are your 11 questions:
- What is your favorite article of clothing for spring?
- What were you afraid of as a child?
- Who is your all-time favorite talk show host and why?
- Describe your most treasured family tradition.
- When and where did your most fun vacation take place?
- What was the last unexpected gift you received?
- Where did you go on your first date?
- How do you keep from laughing when you really want to, but know it’s inappropriate?
- Describe the smell of a place you love.
- Who have you been told that you look like?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Well, that’s the finale! I hope you enjoy and find some new blogs that you love. Thanks again, Hope!