My Roses are Red
Happy Anniversary Celebration Day to me! The closest the florist could get to 33 years was 30 beautiful, perfect stems. I opened the FTD box and unwrapped them from their tissue. I was thrilled when I discovered that my roses were red. They also came with the most informative instructions. I usually throw this stuff away without a second glance, but now I’m a blogger….
PROPER CARE AND FEEDING OF MY BOUQUET
- Add flower food to about a quart of water. FTD included the food in the package.
- Remove foliage that falls below water line.
- Cut stems approximately 2 inches and place in water immediately.
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW
- It takes about 2 hours for stems to properly hydrate.
- It’s best not to place your vase near an air vent, in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
- Keep them away from fruits and vegetables as they will shorten the life of your flowers. Who knew?
- Add water as needed.
- On day 3, clean the vase, add fresh water and re-cut the stems.
- Buds open 2-3 days after stems are trimmed.
The perfect start to our celebration. He has reservations tonight at one of our favorite restaurants, and plans to hear a jazz band after dinner at the Grand Hotel. Whether it’s an anniversary, Valentine’s or a birthday, I wish you red roses, a little jazz and a memorable meal.
So, my roses are red and the empty nest is filling up with fun and memorable activities.